We've had some pretty extremes in temperatures over the last few weeks. There was snow that turned to ice overnight. Then it warmed up so much we didn't even need a jacket and now we've got snow again. And this snow doesn't appear to be going away anytime soon. It's so ironic that I've been wishing for snow that would last for like two years and now that it comes I wish it wasn't here! This week the family I babysit for is in Mexico so I had grand plans to tour lots of museums. But with all this snow the metro isn't too appealing so instead I've been staying in. :(
We met some friends down at the National Building Museum one day. It was great fun!
I got some new lipstick and Charlie really wanted to try it on as well much to Adam's dismay.
We helped some friends move last weekend and Charlie was hysterical every time I walked away from him so I ended up wearing him for part of the time. At least he evened out the weight, right?
Our most recent snow was deep enough for snow angels. Adam had to move Charlie's arms and legs for him but we think he still makes a cute little angel.
On one of the no jacket days Charlie learned how to go down the slide all by himself. This kid loves the park!
And for those of you who are still reading, here's our big news. We're moving to Utah at the end of the month. We're going to take our time driving and visiting friends along the way so we probably won't be there until mid-April. We haven't been happy with the career opportunities here in DC and rather than rush into a decision we're going to move back to Utah and stay with my mom for a bit while we consider our options. Not paying $1500 a month in rent means we can make decisions on our own terms. :)
We're excited to be back around family and our Utah buddies, but Maryland has come to feel like home so we're very sad to be leaving. And we will greatly miss our lovely Ward and wonderful friends. Sigh. It's always bittersweet...
So if any of you have advice or tips on moving in general or traveling with a toddler and cat please share. We'd also appreciate recommendations for those moving companies similar to ABF who move your stuff for you. Preferably one that doesn't need to be parked at our apartment for more than a few hours.
11 comments:
Confession: I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE MOVING BACK TO UTAH!!!!
Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.
Yay!! I, too, am happy that you'll be back in Utah. Now Charlie and Tobin can get together and play at least once a year. Guess we'll see you in a few months!
Yay that you're coming back! It'll be great to have you close again. I took my husband to Little World the other day for dinner and reminisced about the 2 of you and wondered when you'd be back and now you are! Yay!
Kelly Register Holt
We miss you guys, but that is really exciting! Let us know what we can do to help you!
Yay! That will be pretty exciting! You'll have to let us know when you get here. We'll practically be neighbors! Every time we go past KMart I think of you :)
I am sad to see you going to Utah but moving is always exciting. Congrats on the decision. If Utah had more people like you guys in it, I might go back too....
We are really, really sad to see you guys go (to say the least) but we will be sure to see you in Utah this summer. Also, let us know what you need help with for the move. My muscles aren't too weak...
Sorry you are leaving your Maryland, you've been there for quite a while, so I'm sure it really is sad....but yeah for us over here on the West-side (sorry East-side friends)!!!
I am really excited that you guys are going to be in Utah, now we can see you guys when we're down!
If you are traveling through Idaho, any part of it, let us know, so we can meet you guys at a rest stop :)
Safe travels and good luck with packing!!
Oh Natalie- sorry to hear you are leaving just when I was feeling like I was getting my life back in control and I might be able to start venturing out again!! Well I wish you guys luck and will certainly keep up with you via blogs!!
Yay! I'm happy you're coming back! Any sort of change is always bittersweet, though. Have fun driving! Be safe and we'll see you soon!
Natalie, I'm excited that you're moving back to Utah! Once you get settled a bit, we need to get together!
K, travelling with a toddler... get a portable DVD player! I know the thought of your son watching TV all day doesn't sound like a great idea, but it has been a life saver for us! You and Adam will most likely be singing the theme to Baby Signing Time at the end of each day, but hey, there could be worse things. Also, if you give him snacks to eat, try to give him things that won't make him full so he'll eat his actual meals instead. And every time you stop, try to get Charlie to run around a bit.
I guess the best advice I can give you about Mimi is to not let her out of the car!!! My cousin almost lost her cat while moving when it escaped at a gas station they stopped at. Travelling with an animal does make the logistics of any kind of stop a bit more difficult though... :)
Good luck guys, be safe!
Post a Comment