
We love signing at our house. I know I've blogged about this before but I have to share my new favorite signing videos. After viewing several different brands of signing videos, Signing Time is my favorite. Charlie actually requests these videos now by signing "play" (per the theme song). We'll ask him if he wants to go play with Alex and Leah and he grabs his blankie and his chair in excitement. While he's watching he practices his signs and the few words he knows. It's so adorable. We limit him to one or possibly two short shows per day but I'm pretty sure he'd watch them non-stop if we'd let him.
Signing has made our lives so much easier. Charlie can now tell us when he's hungry or thirsty. He loves reading his books and signing the different animals he sees. He can tell us when he wants more or say please. It's the best! And he rarely throws temper tantrums. If he starts getting upset we just ask him what he wants and often he can tell us. I love baby signing and I love Signing Time!
8 comments:
Asher learned to sign with Signing Time too! Makes a HUGE difference when they can communicate! I almost cried the one day because he just busted out with a new sign I didn't even know he knew! I got him Chocolate milk at Starbucks while we were at Target and on our way out he pointed to Starbucks and did the milk sign! I was so proud of him!!!!
Yeah, I tried Signing Time at your recommendation so thanks!
Oh thanks- I think I had one of those videos but returned it without ever watching it- I'll have to look into it!! Thanks- hope all is going well!
Thanks for the tip, I've been looking into signing for Cora. Also, yay that you are moving here!!! That's great news!
Jamison LOVES Baby Signing Time. My husband actually interviewed for a job with them and they were so nice and gave him the entire set (DVD's and CD's) when he told them that Jamison was born with hearing loss. Jamison used to make us turn on the CD every night for bed.
I want to do this with our kiddies too! How old are they when you start doing this with them?
p.s. I'm excited for you guys to move out here! It will be fun :)
We have a nearly daily session with Rachel, Leah & Hopkins and Claire already talks about how we "need to teach Ethan signs...like milk, more, eat, thank you". It's such a great way to communicate when they can't yet. And Claire loves it now more than ever, even though she can say everything. Can't wait to see you all!
Post a Comment