Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Friends, birds, and toenails

Wednesday was my last day at work and Charlie and I are going to miss Ben and Eli so much. They're our little buddies and we're sad we won't get to play anymore.



























After a nice morning at the zoo we with our friends, we went to our favorite little ice cream place - Rita's Water Ice. Yummy!














Charlie and Joe.










Charlie was pretty interested in this statue in Annapolis.




















And he re-discovered his love of birds now that he could see them up close. He even started quacking like a duck.












Charlie has been enjoying our moving boxes. I can't help but think our drive would be more peaceful if I just packed him up in this box and sent him that way...








Earlier this week Charlie kept getting into my nail polish. When I asked him to put it away he bent down and pretended to put it on his toes. I was totally surprised because I don't remember ever painting my nails in front of him, but I guess I must have. Anyway, when this had happened a couple times I decided it was time for Charlie's first pedicure. He's so proud of his little pink toenails (and yes, he picked pink over brown).




























After smelling the flowers, Charlie attempted to taste them.





More bird love.



I can't believe we'll be moving a week from Monday! Time is going by so fast. We're trying to cram in as much as possible but we're sure going to miss living here...

9 comments:

Katy said...

I love that you painted his nails. :)

Unknown said...

Sooo, I confess that I am catching up on blogs and I discovered that you are moving to Utah!!! That is exciting. My advice for driving across the country is to get a GPS (if you don't have one) so you can find parks to stop and play/eat. Movies are always good, If he will sleep...you can drive through the night (though I don't recommend more than one night of that). Good luck!

Katie said...

Love the toenail painting!!!

So sad you are going to be gone so soon!! I hope the trip goes well and you aren't finding yourself wishing more and more that Charlie was safely shipped in a box!

ash said...

Your outings look like a lot of fun! I'm glad Charlie is taking time to smell the flowers. Moving a week from Monday :( that's too soon!

E said...

We missed you! We are in DC just as you are leaving... I'm glad we have our blogs to keep in touch. Lots of good vibes your way for an uneventful move.

Christy said...

I love the nails! I've painted my nephews nails a time or two and he thought he was so cool.

I love the picture with the statue. Charlie is too cute!

disabilitydiva said...

Wow your journey back East is over!! Wow where did the time go! WE'll have to catch up when you are back in Utah and settled. Thanks for keeping us posted!!

janeal said...

That is so funny! I love the toe-nail painting. So, how did the drive go? Are you here in Utah now?

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Charlie's toes are adorable! Did you make your destination safely? We miss you guys!