So we spent the last week with my family in rural Virginia near the West Virginia Border. We had a splendid time enjoying the local activities and playing games. As soon as I get to sorting my pictures I'll post a few. Until then here's a story for you.
Friday morning we went out to our rental van to drive to the day's activity. After we'd driven a couple miles the dash indicated that we need to check the gas cap. We pulled over and Adam checked it - it was loose. Strange since he knew he'd screwed it on tight at our last fill up, but whatever. We joked about how the gas looked lower (about 1/8 of a tank) and what if someone was siphoning our gas. Ha ha - what a crazy idea. We enjoyed our day and went to bed.
Sunday morning we woke up very early to leave for the airport (think 4am) and got packed up to go. When we started the van the "check gas cap" light came on again. This time when Adam checked it the cap wasn't even on! He got back in the car and lo and behold we were missing 1/8 tank of gas. Again. Can you believe it? We were totally shocked. Someone at that timeshare was seriously siphoning our gas. I mean I've heard of these things happening but I can't believe it's real and that it happened to us. Stupid hillbillies. It was probably a bunch of local kids but I choose to believe it was hillbillies because that makes the story funnier, don't you think?
2 comments:
A few people I work with have had their gas siphoned out. While we're just right upstairs working away!
Glad you had a great trip!
what? I never heard of that before..I'll be more carefully now..
talking about hair cuts, when did you get yous? I'm glad to have georgous friends like you, haha
let get together this weekend...
Post a Comment