


The Evil Eye... this is a look that Charlie has been giving me since day one. The day he was born I was holding him in the hospital and he gave me the evil eye. In my drugged up and hormonal state I couldn't help but think "he hates me!" and I was so sad. Now that I'm feeling a little more sane (emphasis on "little";) I know he doesn't hate me and that he's not really trying to give me the evil eye, but it sure looks like it!



Introducing the bottle... and my doorway to freedom! Yes, Charlie successfully took a bottle - and the very first time. And he successfully went back to the breast afterwards so it looks like we're in business. This means I now have the option to pump and leave Charlie a meal so I can go somewhere without him once in a while. It also means that Adam gets to be a part of feeding our sweet little guy. What fun!


The comb over... one day I was holding Charlie and I noticed that he had a comb over. I thought Adam had given it to him as a joke so I commented on it. Adam was surprised because he thought I'd given it to him. So, as it turns out, Charlie had somehow given himself a comb over. Too funny!
The swing... One day I put Charlie in the swing and when it was on the fastest speed he loved it and fell asleep when I slowed it down he woke up and cried. Turns out there's a reason for this (which I didn't know at the time). I will make a post on a book that has changed our lives and you'll know why...
Oh, and please don't comment on the state of disarray in the nursery. It has become a catch-all for our junk lately since Charlie doesn't spend much time in there yet. I promise I'll clean it up before I put him in there!


Snow day... Charlie's first snow and we were headed out to the pediatrician so he actually got to be out in it. It doesn't snow so much where we live so we had to be sure to capture the memory before the snow all melted.

Charlie fell asleep on Adam and completely buried his head into Adam's shoulder. It was so cute I had to take a picture.


The mobile... Charlie found it interesting enough to look at it without crying for a whole hour (while I showered). Mimi also thought it was interesting as she sat and watched them both.





5 comments:
I laughed so hard at the "evil eye" pictures!! You should put his pinky in his mouth and say, "one million dollars"!
What a cute baby!
I remember the days of rejoicing when I could take a shower without coming out to a screaming and crying baby. Little babies are so sweet, but man, its nice when they learn to sit up and entertain themselves. Our side to side swing was our best friend for the first few months we had Tobin-- he slept in it every night! Got to love the "Happiest Baby on the Block"!! I love the pictures. Keep them coming!
Adorable evil eye & comb-over. I love the green in his room - such a subtle but happy color for a baby!
I am an absolute fan of the "Happiest Baby on the Block." The swaddle was our favorite - it worked miracles.
By the way, looking at your blog is helping me get ready for baby #2. It's amazing how much I forget - like the absolute delirium of the first weeks after delivery, or the inability to leave the house for more than an hour at a time.
Ok the Evil Eye pics are so funny! He looks SO serious about something!
Way to go for the mobile (for now). Anything to let you shower is a major perk. And yeah, swings are a total lifesaver.
I love the speepy pictures at the end (on your hand).
Post a Comment