Friday, December 14, 2007

2 items I can't recommend enough for new parents...

The first I have alluded to in a previous post: "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Harvey Karp. So worth it. And I recommend reading it during your 3rd trimester rather than waiting until your baby is here and screaming every single night. Seriously. The techniques that Dr. Karp teaches have made our lives so much easier. I said easier - not to be confused with easy. What can you do...

The second is the Miracle Blanket. See http://www.miracleblanket.com/ or buy yours on ebay like I did. Our little Houdini could get out of every other swaddling blanket we tried (even when we tried to tape them shut!). But last night was the first time this week that he slept for 3.5 hours at a time and I credit it to the Miracle Blanket. He settled down so fast and slept for longer. I know $30 is pricey for a blanket but my sanity is SO worth it.

1 comment:

Kira said...

You are doing future moms everywhere a service. My recent life only became sane when I learned about the "5 S's". And I wish I had known about the Miracle Blanket. Hang in there, Tobin sleeps for 12-13 hours every night now! And more Charlie "Evil Eye" pics. We love them!