
I may look reasonably happy in this photo but, as they say, looks can be deceiving. In all actuality I am ready to be done being pregnant. Yes, I have finally reached the stage where I am willing to go through the woes of birthing a baby in order to not have this baby living inside of me anymore. I may rethink this decision when it really begins and I may change my mind when my baby is crying all night and I can't sleep. But then I can't really sleep now and I wouldn't say that currently I'm exactly living pain-free either.
The most frustrating thing is other people. Now I realize I have lots of family and friends who don't live near me and can't see me to tell if I'm still pregnant or not, so I'll give you a little more leeway. However, we do plan to let you all know when the baby is born so please try not to stress about it and think that we just forgot to let you know. We won't forget - trust me.
For those people who do see me in person, please stop making comments about how I'm *still* pregnant. Trust me, if anyone is well aware of that fact it is me. I have little feet constantly jabbing me in the ribs to remind me of the fact. For a pregnant woman to continually hear "Wow, you still haven't had that baby?" or "I thought you were due last week." just makes me want to kick you in the shins. And if you keep saying it I just might.
And finally, to all those strangers - people I've never seen before and will most likely never see again - I have a face! Stop just staring at my belly. It reminds me of the old saying "Take a picture it will last longer!" I realize that my belly is big and that it always gets in the way. But if it happens to get in your way, just imagine how much more it gets in my way. And don't sigh and act exasperated because I can't squeeze through that tiny passageway that were *kind* enough to create for me. I'm a wide load so give me some space!
Okay, I'm going to end my little rant. Yes, this may sound harsh but I'm hormonal and overdue to have this baby so I think that gives me a right to rant. Plus this post will most likely make me laugh someday. And hopefully next week when I'm completely exhausted from being up all night with a baby it will remind me that I was ready for the next step and maybe even bring a smile to my face. Here's hoping...
No comments:
Post a Comment