Monday, October 29, 2007

Our Story

So I moved into Adam's family's ward my senior year of high school but that doesn't mean we were instantly a couple. In fact, Adam had a girlfriend and I had a boyfriend and we didn't even have a conversation for quite some time. Although I have to admit that I always thought he was cute, he never acted interested so I went my own way. That fall I went away to college and that could have been that. Luckily our moms ended up in line next to each other at a church function. Adam's mom told my mom that Adam thought I was cute and of course she called me and told me. Unfortunately Adam left to serve a mission for our church in Singapore (a two year commitment) before I made it home from college again. Fortunately I tend to be on the proactive side and knowing that Adam thought I was cute enabled me to be bold. So the next time I was home for the weekend I went to church and asked Adam's mom for his address in the mission. I believe she was a bit surprised but luckily she complied. So I started writing him letters. We didn't write very often (understandable since we'd never even spoken before) but at least the lines of communication were open.


Two years quickly went by while I graduated from college (junior college that is) and moved back home. Adam returned home from his mission and a few weeks later we began attending institute (religion) classes together. Soon we were hanging out outside of class and not long after we began dating.





On our six month anniversary Adam proposed and of course I said yes!










Four months later (in December 2002) we were married for time and all eternity in the LDS Salt Lake City Temple.

No comments: