Even if we really, really don't want them to. Grandma Nona went home today and now we're all suffering from grandma withdrawals. The flights in Suriname all depart and arrive at ridiculous times so we had to take my mom to the airport at 4am. Adam offered to drive her so we could sleep but we couldn't pass up the opportunity for a little more conversation, a few more hugs, and one last goodbye since we don't know when we'll see Grandma again. So we all piled in the car and made the hour long drive (each way) even at that ridiculously early hour.
When we woke up for the second time this morning Charlie was very sad. He kept crying and saying, "I miss Grandma. I don't want her to go home. I want her to come back to Suriname." I agreed with him but tried to explain that these things are necessary. I told him that Grandma needed to go back to her job so she could make money. He replied, "Well, we can just give her money. ... I'll give her my money!" What a sweet boy. After a couple minutes he became a typical 3 1/2-year-old and said, "Well, I don't really want to give Grandma my money." Haha. At least the thought was sort of there, right?
My mom stayed met us in Aruba and then stayed with us here for three weeks. It was the best! Now I'm going to be all the more lonely since I've been reminded about what it's like to constantly interact with other adults. Anyone else want to come visit?
My mom is the best mom. She is so loving and patient and generous - especially with the kids. She would read them stories for hours on end and play all sorts of games with them. She watched them so I could productively run errands and even let Adam and I have a date night. We had a wonderful few weeks and I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done sorting them all.
Thanks, Mom, for being so wonderful! Come again soon! We love you!



4 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We miss you guys.
Oh, I am already sad for my parents to leave and they aren't even here yet. glad you guys had such a good time and wish we could come visit next! i hear kurt gets to come! maybe stow away in his luggage on the way back....
well, I just want you to know that Grandma Nona is still going through Ferguson family withdrawals. Sure do appreciate all the kindness and hugs and time. I love you all so much!
Grandma Nona has also gone through Ferguson Family withdrawals. Not sure but think she still is.
Surely do appreciate all of the kindness, hugs, and all during my visit. I love you guys!
Post a Comment