Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Families are forever.

Lately it seems a lot of Church literature has been focused on teaching kids about the gospel in the home - about taking the opportunity to tell them what I believe and why I know it's true. So the other day when Charlie somehow got on the topic of death I was excited to share my testimony about how families can be together forever.

There we were sitting at lunch and I was telling him that even when we lose someone we love it doesn't have to be the end. We know that if we're sealed together in the temple we can live as a family forever. We're still sad when we miss someone but we know we get to see them again so it doesn't have to be AS sad. He was looking at me so seriously and I was giving myself a mental high-five for doing such a good job as a mom. Then all of the sudden he gave his plate a big shove and dumped it's contents into my lap. Nice. So much for my awesome teaching moment. Rather than listening intently I'm pretty sure he was just waiting for the perfect time to cover me with food. Sigh. Better luck next time.


Here's Charlie the Pirate. Argh!

.

6 comments:

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

Ha ha. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to teach Abby a gospel principle or bare my testimony and she will just look at me and tell me she's bored. Nice.

Amanda said...

Depends on the kid, but that's the sort of thing Spencer does when he gets overwhelmed by something unpleasant (like thinking about someone dying). Maybe he was listening more closely than you think. I've always thought Charlie was a pretty deep thinker. And can pirates wear undergarments that cute? I would think they'd get beat up for that.

Fancy Face Fanua said...

Hahahahahha that is too funny!! Good job for starting your teaching early and Im sure it will sink in sometime but keep us posted on the funniness in the meantime. ;)

Nona said...

I think maybe Charlie understood more than we think. Surely makes a goodlooking pirate!

Katie said...

Oh I love it! Aren't kids the best- certainly keep us on our toes!

Unknown said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that Charlie sure is a character. I think he probably listened more closely than you might think. I taught your nephew Parker in primary, and he was out of control. Come to find out, when asked what he learned in primary a week later, he had a near perfect recall of what we shared. You never know...