Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome Millie!

Camilla Kay Ferguson
born Saturday, January 9th, 2010 at 5:14a.m.
weighing 6 lbs. 11 oz.
19 1/2 inches long

Here is our sweet baby girl. So far she's much more mellow than Charlie was/is and we're hoping that she stays that way. A little variety in temperaments is a good thing, right?

When we went in for our monitoring on Friday my fluids were only at 4cm so they decided they needed to induce me. I was started on Pitocin at about 3pm
but eventually we were able to turn it off when the
contractions got strong around 11pm. I got into the jacuzzi tub at that point which really slowed things down and I had to go back on the Pitocin. Unfortunately even that didn't move things along so I had my midwife break my water around 3am. Finally things picked up and we turned the Pitocin off again. I was able to birth this little one without an epidural due in large part to Adam for his wonderful support and encouragement. My midwife's
understanding and support also played a huge role. Finally, at 5:14am our sweet Millie entered the world. (Note that she took 2 hours longer than her brother to arrive - this one has a mind of her own!)



When they told me she only weighed 6 lbs 11 0z I nearly asked them to weigh her again. Charlie was 9 lbs so I was not expecting such a tiny little thing. Although Charlie was a couple days late rather than two weeks early which I'm sure had something to do with it...









First bath.











The happy family - so sad Charlie wasn't allowed to visit us at the hospital. :(












A father's love. Adam is already such a good daddy. He's been changing all the diapers and doing all the burping.








So tired.












First car ride. The infant seat was practically too big for her!








When Gigi brought Charlie home to us the first thing he said was "Millie here!" He couldn't have cared less about seeing mom and dad. I had to beg for a hug. But he ran right over to Millie and asked to hold her. Then he just kept giving her hugs and kisses. He was so gentle with her the whole time.










When she stared crying he thought it was hilarious. He just laughed and laughed. He also offered to share several of his toys (including Mater!) with Millie. However, he made it clear that she was not allowed to sit in his chair at the dinner table. We assured him that that wouldn't be a problem. :)






This video just warmed my heart. Charlie is going to be such an amazing big brother and we feel so blessed to have two (!) wonderful and adorable kids.

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Natalie, she is just beautiful! I love her name too, so sweet. I am glad you were able not have to have the epidural like you wanted. Charlie is such a cute big brother. Congratulations to your whole family! (And she looks adorable in the hat you knit her, first thing I noticed in that picture.)

Adam and Cassie Pierson said...

I LOVE that video. So cute. Congrats, Natalie. You make an adorable family. (PS- she was the same size that Abby was at 2 weeks LATE.)

Kira said...

Congratulations, guys! What an adorable family you have.

I'm sorry you had to experience childbirth without the pleasures of a blissful epidural-- but glad you survived.

Millie is beautiful and I LOVE that name. Can't wait to meet her!

Katie said...

Congrats!!! That is so funny- I said to Brian this morning... I wonder how Natalie is doing- glad I checked your blog!! Welcome to the world Millie! Go you on being able to go natural even with being induced- I might be calling you for encouragement as they are telling me I might need to be induced too... ick.

Enjoy your new little one- hope she remains calmer so you can get some rest- maybe...
Love,
Katie, Brian, Dylan and Baby # 2

ash said...

What a cute family! Millie is so darling and little (I love the newborn phase). So cute. Natalie, you are a champ. It sounds like the birthing experience was more like you wanted it. Horray to all!

olivemylove said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. I love her name and Charlie is so sweet with her. Congrats on a natural delivery! We are so happy for your family.

Jon said...

Congratulations!! It dawned on me today to check your blog, I'm so glad I did! Charlie is so cute with Millie!! I'm glad everything went well for the birth. She is beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys! I hope to see you guys soon.

-Jenny Lay

Racquel & Aidan Goodwin said...

CONGRATS! i'm so excited for you she is just adorable!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is sweet and Charlie looks like an adoring brother. I'm glad she is here and healthy!

Kristin said...

Congratulations. She's beautiful! And Charlie does look to be a fabulous big bro.

KaraLyn said...

What a sweetie! We are so happy for you. Congratulations! :D

Sefa said...

Congrats yall!

*Ashleigh* said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is beautiful. You have such a sweet cute little family!

Stephen, Nadia, Mia y Ella said...

She is so beautiful! I love the pictures of Charlie and Millie together, he is gonna be a great big brother....I can't wait to see meet her....

Jen said...

Congratulations! She is PERFECT!
We are so happy for your family.
I love the name you chose. Camilla is my aunts name and Kay is my middle name!!
Good luck over the next few weeks!

TeamDall said...

so cute! i love the coming home hat. cute stripey yarn. congratulations you have such a super cute family!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Congrats! We just found out we're having a girl - not a boy that they originally thought...and Camilla is the name jumping out at me so far. I love it - I hope you don't mind if we use it as well. She's beautiful!

Jeanettie said...

Congratulations! Way to go without the epidural and being induced! That is awesome! She's so cute!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little girl! And I love the name.

Leenz said...

Congrats! She is super cute!