
*DISCLAIMER* This post is a little out of character for this blog. Although Natalie is a Utes fan through and through, she had nothing to do with this post. All hateful comments should be directed to me (Adam) and me alone. That being said . . .
I just want to give a giant THANK YOU to Max Hall, quarterback of the BYU football team for running his mouth like an idiot after Saturday's BYU-UTAH game. Now instead of having to come to grips with the fact that BYU outplayed Utah in a really exciting rivalry game (hey, come on it was a rebuilding year for the Utes) I can focus my energy on what a class act BYU's quarterback is.
Thank you, Max Hall, for taking all of the attention off of your teammates and the excellent game that they played. I for one have already forgotten the game and all I can remember is your hateful, vitriolic rant directed at everyone remotely associated with the University of Utah.
Thank you for providing the Utes with a bulletin board full of quotes for the locker room. I'm sure Coach Whittingham is appreciative of the extra motivation, hopefully your comments will live on forever. I'm sure BYU's 2010 team will want to thank you as well.
You weren't the first BYU player to make a fool of himself by running his mouth but you have certainly taken things to the next level. I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before you apologize and claim that you were just caught up in the moment, but the damage has been done and we Utes have a long memory.
Thank you again, and most importantly, thank you for showing us "classless" Utes what it means to have real class.
7 comments:
AGREED. As if the win wasn't enough for him, he had to start insulting people. I hope that's what he wants people to remember him for...
GO UTES! And it's sad Max Hall doesn't like Utah, but he sure was one my favorite players last year....
I should probably take the opportunity to recognize that most of the Y fans that I know have been very classy about the whole matter. No one has tried to defend Max Hall's comments or his "apology" and I actually think that that is really cool.
Was Max's comment overbroad? Yes. Was it the smartest thing to say? No. But, dude, come on. Ute fans threw beer on his family and had a blow up doll with his mom's name on it and were doing lewd things with it. Did I see this? No. But given the lack of class shown by the U, all its students, all of its alumni, all of its fans, and, basically, everything associated with the University of Utah, I believe it.
Wow Jess, not really sure how to respond to your post... should I lump President Hinckley and President Monson in with the rest of us classless alumni? I guess I spoke too soon when I said that Cougar fans were being cool and trying to distance themselves from Max Hall. Max Hall is a liar. No one dumped beer on his family. At least he won't have to worry about getting his sensitive feelings hurt by any NFL fans.
Adam, I guess tongue-in-cheekedness (yes, I made that word up) does not carry well across the blogosphere. My comment was made in jest. I thought the juxtaposition of saying Max's comments were overbroad combined with my own incredibly overbroad statement about the lack of class of Utah would indicate that I was joking. I guess it wasn't very clear. Sorry about that.
Well, I officially feel like an idiot. I hope I haven't become one of "those" guys, I promise I really can take a joke. Is it possible to "hug-it-out" from 2,000 miles away? We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Post a Comment