Monday, October 26, 2009

Crafty





Charlie has been loving his Spider-Man coloring book lately and colors almost every day. He's also recently become very interested in colors and now describes everything that way. "Want white car" or "I see blue crayon" etc. It's fun to watch him learn new things.












I've started making cards. These ones weren't my ideas - I took a card class but it was fun!











And here is my first quilt. I made it for my baby girl, so she better be a girl!













And my first knitting project - also for my baby girl. Poor Charlie - he never got anything homemade. I'm working on it though!















And while I've been sewing, Charlie has been playing in the lid of my sewing machine case.













Adam and I went to a 80s themed murder mystery dinner this weekend (thanks Alicia and Paul). We had fun getting dressed up even though I could barely get the suit jacket buttoned over my belly.













Adam fell asleep on the floor. Charlie stole his cookie and then sat on Adam's back to eat it.

8 comments:

voteprime said...

aaaah, these photos are wonderful! And it's exciting that you've picked up some new crafts. Both the knitting and the cards looks great.

*Ashleigh* said...

I love your quilt! I am still working on the courage to touch a sewing machine but I feel that itch coming on! Your 80's costumes were so flippin' RAD!! LOL!

Kelly said...

Natalie . . . I wish we lived close and you could show me how to make that AWESOME hat! That is too darling. BTW, the new picture with your blog title is the best. Charlie is darling. I am serious about wanting a knitting lesson.

Shy said...

I love the quilt!!!! So when are you due? So exciting! I don't remember you being so crafty back in the day....then again, that was a long time ago and I think the quilt, knitting and cards are all very good! Much better than anything I could ever do!

Holli said...

That suit is so funny! I love it!

Leenz said...

I love the quilt! BTW, congrats on the wee one! I'm thrilled for you.

Katie said...

Oh I'm so jealous of your crafting!!! I have so many projects I want to work on but I feel like there is never time and when I do think of it I'm too tired.... but I think I will just check back on your blog to get inspired!!!

(I feel like a lot of times it is easier to make crafty things for girls than boys!) How are you feeling these days? You have how many weeks left?

ash said...

THat photo of you and Adam as an 80s couple is classic. Haha. And man, you are indeed crafty. Good for you. I need to learn how to sew and knit. Looking forward to seeing you soon!