We started off our trip with a weekend in St. George. My mom was cool enough to fly down just overnight so she could babysit Charlie and we could go see Aida at Tuacahn. It was amazing! Such a cool experience.

The next day we drove to Zion National Park and camped out for a couple days.
We went to Weeping Rock...

Emerald Pools...


and The Narrows which is my personal favorite hike. Charlie was such a trooper sitting in the Ergo carrier all day while we hiked 9 miles.


One of Charlie's favorite things to do was ride the shuttle. Whenever he'd get on he'd say "Ready!" and get really impatient while we waited to get going. Then when we'd stop to let people off he'd say "More bus!" and want to keep riding. So cute.
Charlie also loved that our campsite was on a river. We'd give him a pile of rocks and he'd just sit on the bank throwing them into the water until he ran out. Then he'd yell "More rocks!" and wait for another pile.
He did miss his bed though. After one night in a tent he asked for his crib. I had to tell him to use his sleeping bag. Poor kid.
Next we went to Bryce Canyon. We'd planned to camp there for a couple nights as well, but unfortunately I hurt my foot hiking the Narrows and could barely walk let alone hike. (It was still totally worth it though!) So we just stopped by Bryce for a few hours.
Took some amazing pictures...
And Adam took Charlie on a little hike while I waited in the car. I was so sad I missed it. Stupid foot.
Adam also woke up early one morning in Zion and hiked Angel's Landing by himself. We didn't dare take Charlie on that one and with my dislike of heights it probably worked out for the best. Unfortunately he forgot the camera so we don't have any pictures. Sigh...
All in all it was a great trip!
4 comments:
Absolutely stunning. You guys are such troopers! Especially you! I've just been starting to hike with some friends on the weekends but the scenery doesn't even compare to where you guys have been! I want to go with you!!!
fun fun fun! We haven't taken C hiking yet mostly because I am most concerned about the bed/sleeping bag thing. I'll have to get some tips from you. Charlie is so big and you are so cute!
Natalie, it was so fun to see you in person at the aviary today! What a small world eh? Your little Charlie is even cuter in person! What a doll! Sorry I was a little frazzled with my kiddos while we were talking ;D it was so fun to see you!
wow - what a beautiful trip! I'm so impressed with you guys doing a hiking trip like this, and with you being pregnant with your second! I love your pictures!!
Post a Comment