As you can see it was a big hit.
We spent a few hours at Costco's tire center waiting to get our tires rotated.
Finally we went to have some lunch. Here's the first pictures and video we've gotten of Charlie signing (although he's been doing it for quite a while now).
When I tell Charlie that we're going to put on his hat he usually comes over and sticks his head out to help me. It's so cute!
Charlie does lots of signs now. Here are some of them: more, all done, cat, dog, horse, cow, mouse, and fish.
A couple days ago I took him to the park. We were swinging and then I thought he was done so I took him out. He walked to the next swing, pointed at it, and started signing "more." Clearly he was not ready to be done swinging. Later, as we were leaving, he kept pointing back at the park signing "more." I love seeing that he understands that the concept of "more" applies to more than just food. :)
He very clearly says "banana" now in his adorable little baby voice. Last week we were walking through the mall and Charlie was riding on Adam's shoulders. All of the sudden I heard Charlie say "banana" and I looked up and he was pointing at some bananas sitting on a shelf at an ice cream stand. It was so cute.
Charlie makes a barking noise for dog, a hissing sounds for snakes, an "ahh-ahh-ahh" sound for monkies, and a "vroom" noise for cars.
Charlie's favorite thing of all is reading books. The first thing he does when he wakes up is point at his bookshelf. He'd even rather read than eat (and he loves to eat)! Some days (when we have time) we'll sit and read book after book - sometimes for over an hour. It's rare that he gets bored of reading. Even though I may not always have the best attitude about reading kids books for hours on end, it makes me so happy that he loves reading so much. I also love to read and it is a very important part of my life. I go the library several times a month. Last year alone I read 63 books. I just can't stop I love it so much - so I can't really blame Charlie now can I? Some of his favorite books right now are: Where the Wild Things Are, King Bidgood's in the Bathtub, Are You My Mother?, the Little People lift the flap books, books with buttons that make noise, If Mom Had Three Arms, and all Dr. Suess books.
Charlie lovesto be outside. So despite temperatures in the 20s this past week I've been making an effort to bundle us up and go to the park for a few minutes. We don't go every day but I do try. When we're not reading or outside, Charlie can often be found playing with his cars, carrying around his baby, playing chase or hide-and-go-seek, dumping toys all over house, playing legos, and playing with his musical toys.
Charlie has been learning and growing so much in the last couple of months. He hardly even seems like a baby anymore and it makes me sad. I love watching him develop and try new things but it also makes me nostalgic for the days when he was so little and so easily entertained. Sigh...
9 comments:
Such cute pictures!!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Hey- looks like Charlie is signing in one of those pictures- I might have already asked you this- what did you use/are you using to teach him? I just got some books/videos last week and am hoping to really start soon with him.
Thanks for your message as well!
I love his eager response to the food! It sounds like he really is growing up. It is sad and exciting all at the same time!
Hey - so apparently I missed a few things when I was reading your blog the other day... I didn't watch the videos either- too cute!!
I am seriously so impressed with the signing- I just hope I can do it with Dylan - I have to get my parents on board since they are watching him while at work and Brian too- does Adam sign with Charlie?
I too like the ASL- I think the made up ones are annoying- why would you do that when there are other signs to use?!? When did you start with Charlie? How long would you say it took before he picked it up?
We do need to get together one of these days to introduce the boys!!
He is such a cutie. sign is definatly benificail my nefew had a trac for the 1st four years of life and with out signing it would have been really hard for him to comunicate. so i think singning is great!
Charlie is such a cutie!! I love his smile. It just makes you happy!!
Hey Adam and Natalie,
fun to see your blog, and read about how you met... we never knew. Where are you guys living? Are you done with school now? Where did you go to school? Jordan is just starting his first year in law school this coming fall. We still do not even know where we are going. we hope to be able to stay in state. come check out our blog. www.eatcatfooddaily.blogspot.com
For real? Your family is soooooo cute. Give me a break!
He looks so grown up all of a sudden. I misread the signing one and had to watch the video twice trying to see him sing.
His smile is so ridiculously cute! LOVE IT!
Post a Comment