Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No new pictures yet and here's why...

I can't find my camera. I have pictures on it, but until I find it I cannot upload them for your enjoyment. Sorry.

But I do have a few things on my mind so here goes...

We went and had family pictures taken again today because Grandma Carolyn thought it would be cute for us to have our pictures taken in Georgetown Law shirts (and she's right of course). So even though we recently had our pictures taken we decided to get them done again before Charlie outgrows his 6-12 month shirt. Yes, it fits now even though he's only 3 months old. Hmm...

Anyway, here's what I've decided about some local photography studios.

Picture People is, by far, the best. Sure they're a little more expensive but the better pictures are so worth it. They're nice, creative, talented, have quality props, and are not terribly priced.

Second place goes to JCPenney's. They're not super creative but their props are pretty good, the photographer we had seemed to know what she was doing, and they have great prices.

Last place goes to Sears. They're not creative, have low-quality props, and seemingly untrained staff, but they do have pretty good prices.

The consensus is this: if you want great pictures go to Picture People. If you want cheap prices go to JCPenney. And probably just avoid Sears if you can help it.

Final thought, what do you think about Victoria Beckham's haircut? Is it a little too, um, polished for me? Can a stay-at-home-mom in jeans and a tshirt pull this look off or is it better left to those who get dressed up? Be honest - I don't want to look stupid!

4 comments:

Kira said...

I absolutely LOVE her hair. And it is perfect for a new mom-- cause it is so much easier to take style and take care of. Go for it. It'll make jeans and t-shirts seem so much more stylin'!

Unknown said...

Hmm. I'm pretty sure Posh Spice is a stay at home mom, in that she has kids and no job except to show up in public so people can take her picture. Plus, it looks like an ordinary haircut to me. Haven't you styled your hair like that before? I thought you had... Anyway, I may be just some guy unversed in the acute nuances of hair styles, but I think if you like it you should totally go for it. mmm hmmmm.

Adam said...

Oh, that's a picture of Posh Spice! This whole time I thought it was a picture of Jack Skellington, . . . albeit Jack Skellington with great hair.

Kayla said...

I say go for it! I think it's lovely and you can absolutely pull it off.