Friday, February 24, 2012

Five minutes of quiet

That's a pretty accurate estimate of how long this nice moment lasted. These adorable kids have been giving me a run for my money lately and this mama is exhausted.




I'm now 31 weeks along and am moody and tired to prove it.

As of February 29th we've lived in Suriname for one whole year.

We're currently sorting through our bid list (otherwise known as the 350 posts we could move to next year) to research which places we'd most like to go. We hand in our top 30 and hopefully get assigned to one of them.



I fly to Utah next week with the kidlets. Don't even ask me how I feel about spending a full 24 hours in transit with a 2yo and a 4yo or I'll probably burst into tears.

Millie refuses to sleep and throws tantrums all day. Charlie tries to help me keep Millie out of trouble but can't help but be frustrated by her antics (which I completely understand). Adam has to put up with three grumpy people when he gets home from work each day. Poor guy. I'm lucky he's such a good dad and husband.



A recent attempt at family home evening. Yes, Millie is wearing Charlie's old underpants.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Paramaribo

4 comments:

ash said...

You are leaving for Utah that soon! Wow, how time does fly. I will be thinking of you and your travelers next week and wishing you all the best. Just last night I had a dream that you guys came over for dinner. I was so excited, then I woke up and told Jess, "Man, if only they really could come over for dinner!" Is one of those 350 places Washington DC? Just kidding.

E said...

Those pictures are awesome! I love the belly shot. Hang in there - this too will pass :)

Anne said...

I'm dreading my super long pregnant travels and it's just me. I can't even imagine the fun with a few kiddos in tow. Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly.

Lilian V. said...

Bidding is fun! Usually, officers at EmbParamaribo are being offered other 'Dutch-speaking' posts...so they can continue in the same language! Try The Hague (excellent schools) or Brussels...We've never got them on our list, other than Brussels, but Jorge's position was abolished there last summer...so, we're going back to DC...for good! Good Luck to you and Adam with the bidding process!