Monday, March 14, 2011

Flooded Streets

This is how our street looks when it rains a lot. We decided to have some fun. :)
See that little house on the right-hand side? That's our guard house. We have a guard 24 hours a day and he/she hangs out in that little hut to monitor goings-ons. He/she also walks around the perimeter of the house every 30 minutes.
You can see how deep it gets.
Good times!

10 comments:

DisabilityDiva said...

Wow way to make lemons into lemonade and have fun when it floods. Glad you posted a pic of your home. I couldn't imagine where you are :)

Leenz said...

Dang! Hopefully it doesn't rain too much. I love the guard shack, my in-laws had one while they were in India and their guard was named Surindar (like Surrender)! Ha ha, cracks me up every time!

eliseandpaul said...

holy wow! i thought brazil had no love for the drainage system, but suriname has them beat!

Jessica F. said...

Holy h2o! That is a lot of water. Did it get in your house? It looks like you are starting to settle in more. The house look more normal than I imagined. I love seeing pictures of your new life.

Miss you!

Amanda said...

At least the flood runs down the street and not into your house! It looks warm there. Does the guard just watch your house or others, too? This is so interesting!

Kira said...

The house looks nice! I am loving these posts. Looks like the jeep will come in handy on rainy days. Also-- congratulations, Aunt Natalie!

Nona said...

Love those pictures!

ash said...

These photos are awesome. Your Jeep will sure come in handy! And the neighborhood, wow. Looks like a great place and lots more space for you guys. Sounds like your adventures are going well.

In other news, Oliver thinks we are going to see Charlie when we go see "friends." You guys are missed.

JN said...

A guard! I don't know if that is cool or scary :)

CJ said...

Crazy times! Already, in just a short time you have had such unusual experiences! You should write a book, Nat. How fun for you guys! It looks like the little ones loved the water!