Charlie likes to look at my magazines. Today while he was eating lunch he was perusing my "Parenting" magazine. Then he saw this add. "Look, Mom," he exclaimed, "it's kissing lotion!" Hard to disagree with that logic, eh? So we took turns putting "lotion" on our cheeks and kissing each other. I'll take Charlie kisses any way I can. :)
Millie doesn't love prunes so much. She'll eat them, but she clearly doesn't like them. I think she much preferred rubbing her hands together to feel the texture of the food. I can't really blame her. The prunes smelled pretty gross. But, she's been constipated so I thought it might help. Today was ROUGH. Let's just say I had to help her take care of business. We may be foregoing the solids for a while longer. We didn't start Charlie on solids until he was 11 months so we may need to wait a couple more months with Miss Millie too. Poor little girl.
Charlie, on the other hand, has taken really well to potty training. I'm so impressed! Today I let him watch a show while I showered and I told him to go potty by himself if he needed to totally not expecting him to do so. When I got out of the shower he had done it! He took himself to the potty all by himself without being told to do it!!! I am so impressed with this little guy. We've even ventured out for a couple short stints and he hasn't had an accident. If I'd known potty training would be this easy we'd have done it long ago. Haha. Now I've probably just jinxed myself...

4 comments:
Try yogurt for Millie! I was at a loss with my Ava for so long (solids or just breast milk) I did some research (thanks to a friends tip) and found that the probiotics in yogurt help... sure enough! She's like clockwork! She has yogurt, sometimes mixed with fruit for breakfast every morning. It helps to warm it for just a few seconds to take off the cold edge... but obviously not warm. We get the YoBaby Yogurt, I was worried about the milk but the yobaby is meant for 6 mos. plus and Ava is SO much happier these days! Good luck with all that! Your kiddos are SO cute!
Thanks for the tip Ashleigh. Unfortunately I don't think that's Millie's problem. I actually started her on probiotics last weekend as well because she's been battling a yeast infection so I can only imagine how bad she'd be backed up without it! I'm thinking about stopping solids for a while and going back to exclusive breast milk. We'll see...
Poor cute Millie :0( I hope you get it figured out soon. Luckily you're breast feeding so she gets all those awesome nutrients that formula may not provide.
In response to the subway art, I used my Mom's Cricut machine to cut out the letters then I mod podged them onto a canvas I had already painted. It was really simple but took a lot of time to place everything just right... but worth it! If you google "subway art family rules" it will pull up a lot of other ways to do it... mine was the easiest way (at least from what I saw)
Good luck with your cute little munchkins :0)
If you do decide to do yogurt, a cheaper option is to buy Greek plain or vanilla yogurt and mix in some fresh or frozen fruit with it. Charlie might like it too!
Good luck with the potty training and I hope Millie feels better soon.
Post a Comment