Thursday, July 29, 2010

We miss you Grandma Nona!


My mom was here visiting for the past couple weeks. We had so much fun! Charlie got stories galore, Millie was held to her heart's content, and I had an adult to talk to, an in-house babysitter, and an all around helper-outer. We went to Williamsburg, the zoo, Harper's Ferry, and ran errands. I went to the dentist a total of four times, the doctor once, the hospital twice (just for lab work don't worry), and went shopping without the kids. Adam and I went out to dinner one night and to a movie another. Mom and I made strawberry jam, bake bread, and saw "Eclipse" (Adam was grateful to get out of that one). All-in-all we just had a blast. Thanks for everything, Mom. You're the best!

And we miss you already as evidenced by Charlie's conversation with Millie on our way home from the airport: "It's okay, Millie. Grandma Nona had to go far way on the airplane. We won't see her for awhile but it's okay. We can skype. Don't be sad, Millie, we'll see her soon." Oh, my heart.

----------

And a Charlie-ism for good measure. This happened today:

Charlie's reading a book on the couch and Adam sits down next to him with some cheesecake. He offers Charlie some but he doesn't want any. A couple minutes later Adam rubs Charlie's head. Charlie yells, "Don't Dad! Stop it!"
"What?" Adam asks, surprised.
"Stop rubbing cheesecake in my hair!" is Charlie's reply.
Because we typically rub food in our kids' hair. I have no idea why he thought Adam would do that but it made us laugh.

3 comments:

Leenz said...

Sounds like an awesome time with your mom. I laughed out loud at the cheesecake in the hair!

Nona said...

I miss you guys already! Thanks so much for everything. Give each other a hug for me! I love you guys! Mom. Grandma Nona, Nona etc......

ash said...

Aren't grandmas the best. Truly.