Well, it was all fun and games until Adam accidentally crashed
into Charlie at the bottom of the hill. Charlie was airborne for a minute as he spun through the air. I panicked and ran down the snowy hill. Not the smartest thing to do when you're 8 months pregnant. I slipped and fell right at the bottom. Luckily I landed on my side (not my belly) and was able to comfort Charlie who was scared but completely fine. I thought I was fine too so we just carried on with our day.


That night we went to Temple Square with Adam's family.
While we were there it occurred to me that I hadn't felt the baby move in quite some time (she's normally very active). So I was pretty stressed out and about it. We called our midwife who told us to go to the hospital to get monitored. We took Charlie home and then went
to the hospital.
Luckily our baby wasn't affected by the fall. Phew. Unfortunately the noticed an irregular heartbeat. So two days later we went back for a more detailed ultrasound. Luckily her heart was okay, but my amniotic fluid was pretty low.
So today, when we went in for our regular appointment our midwife noticed the irregular heartbeat again so she sent us to get monitored again. Some paranoid specialist completely freaked us out and basically told us we were going to have to have a c-section today to get the baby out. No, I didn't even have time to run home and get a bag we just had to run up to the UofU hospital so we'd be closer to Primary Children's in case our baby needs a pacemaker.
So I'm totally stressed out and crying. I'm not ready to have this baby at 36 weeks. I need more time! I want Christmas with Charlie. I want my glasses and my own pillow. Ugh. So we head up for monitoring. No one there is overly concerned but a few hours later we get an echocardiogram for our baby. Her heart is completely normal. There is a bit of irregularity but it will be corrected by birth and her heart is FINE. What a relief.
We go back to the U and after being monitored a a couple more hours they let us go home. Now I'll probably need to be monitored a couple times a week to make sure my fluids don't get too low, but I should be able to carry this baby to term. I should know more tomorrow after I speak with my midwife again, but man, what a day (and week)! I'm so glad it's over and that I'm home with my family not recovering from a c-section with a premature little baby.
Here are the more enjoyable ways we've spent the last week:
It was our 7th anniversary so we enjoyed the Peter Brienholt Christmas concert and dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Star of India.
Christmas dinner with Adam's extended family. You can see that we're pretty evenly divided fan-wise. :)
We made our first gingerbread house. Charlie decorated the gingerbread men all by himself and loved sneaking pieces of candy he was supposed to be decorating with.
We visited my sweet grandma who is always willing to get down on the floor and play with Charlie even though she's well into her 80s.
And I got to meet my friend Trisha for lunch. Good times with a good friend.
9 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!!! I am so happy that you are ok and so is the baby! I hope things keep going well and the baby comes at term! Happy birthing, in 4 weeks!
I am so glad you are both doing well and that the baby's heart is fine. I hope you have slow and relaxing Christmas at home with Charlie. (I noticed you wearing that cute apron in the gingerbread house picture, so neat that you made something fun and functional.)
Wow! So scary, Natalie. I am so relieved that you guys are ok. Enjoy your Christmas. We love your Christmas card. Can't wait to see the new addition (in 4 weeks!)
Whew! I think my heart was beating quicker than usual as I read that post. I am so glad that things are alright. I can't believe that you are at 36 weeks. Time flies!
Oh Gosh!!! I am so glad you are ok and that your baby is not here yet! My sis is due the same time as you and she went into pre-term labor 6 weeks ago, but they were able to stop it and all is well, but it was quite a scare!!! It's scary!!! I hope you continue to do well and have a Merry Christmas :)
We are gland that you and baby are ok, it looks like you had a pretty busy week, We love the pictures..we miss you!
I'm glad everyone was fine! You and Trisha look so cute! I miss you both!
Wow- sorry to hear about all that Natalie- that could not have been fun at all- I am glad to hear that all is well. I totally understand freaking out and feeling like you need more time (although at the same time I am so done with being pregnant too- haha!) Hope everything goes smoothly for the remainder of your pregnancy!
Natalie, that must have been terrible!! I'm so glad everything is ok.
Post a Comment