Charlie loves to swing.
Charlie loved watching conference in his little chair.
The family I babysit have one of those tall tables. Charlie likes to go under it and play with all the chair legs.
I can't believe how big he looks in his tub now. He still loves the bath.

An old picture of Charlie and me and a couple new ones.
One of Charlie's most favorite things right now is story time. If he's upset and we read to him he'll usually calm down. I love that he loves books! I hope he'll always love to read!
I love how he stops to dance for a second. Charlie loves music and will almost always dance when he hears music.
As Charlie is now officially a walker (you can see how much more steady he is in the video) I have entered the new realm of baby shoes. Right now we have Target brand Robeez knockoffs which are great. However as the weather becomes more wet those nice flexible leather soles will not be keeping out the rain and snow. After a trip to Stride Rite at the mall I was aghast to learn that the shoes were $47! $47 for baby shoes?! That he'll only wear for 3 months? I don't spend that much on my own shoes! We went to Target and bought some nice $13 shoes instead. The good part of the Stride Rite visit was that I learned Charlie should be wearing a size 5 1/2. That just seems huge to me. The biggest size Target had with the flexible sole is size 5 (which I bought). Now I'm wondering what I'll do for his next pair of shoes. Where do you all buy your shoes? I don't want to stunt the growth in his sweet little feet but I really don't want to spend $50 on shoes either. Help!!!
10 comments:
Wow! I can't believe Charlie is walking! I love the dancing. Sooo cute!
HeyCharlie is SO CUTE! I'm so dumb I totally should've thought of you when I was in D.C. we could've done lunch or something! I was only there for a day though and now I'm back home. I hope all is well!
I buy shoes at Target. When he was that young, I was okay with second-hand shoes. Good luck!
I splurged on a pair of preschoolians for Naomi that winter/spring when she was walking and starting to walk outside too. They were fantastic, they have a thin flexable sole. Pediped's have the same kind of thing too. I bought Naomi's a little big so they lasted for about 6 months, and I was so sad to see them go! But I would actually say they are worth the money. Hard sole shoes are so hard for beginning walkers to manuever in and supposedly bad for their feet. Check out consignment shops first though since he'll only be in them for a few months at a time. Good luck!
Also- remember that you probably won't really be having him walk all that much on his own outside when it's really wet this winter, you might be just fine with the Target Robeez- they don't soak through super fast, I know from experience. Also (this is getting long!) you can machine wash those little leather shoes and let them air dry, sweet huh!
http://preschoolians.com/
ooh, i just read Trisha's comment. i'd go baby-boy-shoe shopping with you at the consignment stores if you want. joe's wearing out his as well. (oh, btw, he's walking now too!!!!!!!!!!!)
wow, charlie has such a personality. a reader, dancer, all around mover! what a cutie pie. one more month, natalie!!!!
Yeah I was blown away the first time I went to stride rite too! It's ridiculous to pay that much for shoes. But if it makes you feel better, I bought a pair (on sale for $30) for Connor over 10 months ago and he still wears them! The leather has just stretched to accomodate his growing feet.
For the most part, target is great for shoes, but I've heard it is important to get a nice pair of shoes when your baby starts walking (as it helps form the shape of the foot).
You can try consignment shops, craigslist, and even freecycle (I've gotten a couple good stride rite pairs there).
I live at Old Navy and Payless shoe. Asia only wears shoes for no more than 6 months before they are too small or demolished.
JC Penney has sales on Stride Rite and Buster Brown (Both great brands!) shoes all the time. You can usually find really great pairs for about $25.00.
I've gotten most of Jamison's at Famous Footwear or Target. He goes through shoes really fast and none of them he's had so far have bothered his feet. Jamison absolutely LOVES the shoes that light up and I bet Charlie would get a kick out of those too. :)
I love the new pictures. He is getting so big... it's wierd watching a little boy grow up entirely online!
Hi. I love your hair and I think Charlie is adorable! I have found some great deals on Stride Rite shoes on Ebay (as in like $6-15 including shipping). Will's shoes that he has right now are some from Ebay and he has some from Target too. He's 16 months and has been wearing size 5 pretty much all summer. It didn't take very long for him to get the hang of walking with shoes that didn't have a flexible sole. Hope that helps.
Post a Comment