Monday, June 23, 2008

Okay, maybe there won't ever be pictures again

so I decided to just post some updates. What a bummer because I have such cute pictures! Oh well...

Charlie:
-is working on his third tooth right now. Ironically it's not one of his middle top teeth, it's the one just to left of the middle. This kid doesn't like to follow the crowd! (And I think it's a good thing!!)

-is so close to crawling. He pushes up on his hands and knees and bounces front to back. We think it looks like he's dancing and it is SO cute!

-can pull himself into a standing position if he's really motivated. But he doesn't do it on a regular basis.

-has graduated to size 4 diapers and 9-12 months clothes. Last time we weighed him the scale said 25 lbs (although this was a home scale so accuracy cannot be guaranteed).

-learned to drink out of a straw. I have a waterbottle with a plastic straw thing and whenever he sees it he must have a drink. I didn't even teach him - he just figured it out on his own. So last weekend when we went out to dinner I let him try drinking out of my straw in my water glass not expecting much. But he totally drank it! He has this certain (adorable) face that he makes whenever he tastes water. It's like he doesn't really like it but he can't stop drinking it. Hopefully I can show pictures one day...

-developed a new whine. It's a high-pitched kind of squealy whine. At first it was cute, now it is not.

-learned how to blow spit bubble. Adam taught him. Thanks Adam.

Hmm... I can't think of anything else so I'll stop there (and let's face it it's so much more fun to look at pictures along with the story - I'm working on it! :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Natalie!
Thanks to this crazy blogging world I have bumped into yours (via links on other's blogs) and am excited to see you doing so well. What a cute little guy you've got. Just thought I'd leave a small hello and let you know I'm happy for your little family.

-Sarah (Dresher) Nelson
nelsonnoteworthynews.blogspot.com

markandkimcaldwell said...

Great updates. How are you doing? It's been a while. We've been CRAZY busy. I"ll try to call when things calm down.

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

You should seriously submit that profile pic of Charlie in some cute baby magazine competition. Looking at pictures of him just makes me smile!

Jen said...

Wow! I can't believe Charlie will have three teeth! He's growing up so fast. We definitely need to get together so I can see all the new tricks he's doing.

P.S. How's Bar Prep going for Adam?