Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Babymoon 2007

We took a vacation in August and dubbed it our "Babymoon" since it will likely be our last trip as a couple for quite some time. Our travels took us up the East Coast to lots of cool stops.




One of our first stops was Newport, RI. This was taken on the Cliff Walk. It was so beautiful!







This is one of the mansions in Newport called The Breakers. It was owned by the Rockefellers back during the Guilded Age.






Next we went to Cape Cod, MA. Our favorite part was going on a whale watching excursion. It was foggy and cold but such an experience.




These are humback whales feeding.
Here are couple more humpbacks. They can be distinguished by the markings on thier fins.

Next we went to Plymouth, MA. This is the the Mayflower II - a rendition of the original.






And here I am at Plymouth Rock. Apparently it used to be a lot bigger but it's been cut up, moved, and of course nature has taken it's toll as well.


Next was Boston, MA. Here we are at the Bunker Hill Monument. Yes, I did walk up all the steps to get to the top being 6 months pregnant. I was quite proud of myself. :)


Here's Adam standing near where the Boston Massacre took place.
And here we are just north of Boston at the LDS temple. Apparently there was quite a fuss over the height of the spire, but in the end it all worked out.
Here we are at Walden Pond. We actually had no idea it was there until we saw the signs. It's near Lexington and Concord. I really wanted to go swimming (others were and it was so warm when I waded in it) but we were in a rush to get to Salem. Big mistake. Salem was so not worth it. So if you have the chance, spend the day at Walden Pond and just skip Salem!


Here we are at one of the many beautiful lighthouses in Maine. It was so cool to see how different they all were.



And here we are at the beach in Maine. I wouldn't exactly call the water warm (hence the reason I never submerged myself in it) and I wouldn't call the waves great for boogie boarding (not that my belly would have allowed it anyway) but we just love the beach so we spent a lot of time there anyway!

No comments: